Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Greedy Politician!

A lot of people nowadays look at politician as nothing more than crooks. They associate crooks and politicians as if they are one and the same. The younger generation, see’s them as nothing more than scandalous, greedy, old, self absorbed people! That is just a general misconception, not all politicians are like that! There are great people out there, that do what needs to be done in order to represent the best interest of the people. But their names are rarely seen in the paper! Why? Because As people we Love drama and excitement. We can’t live without it.
We want more of corruption, greed, and scandals! So technically we are promoting the fact that the bad politicians can just do whatever they want to! Ever since the 1960's and the whole Watergate scandal, people have just lost faith in the government. Well I’m not going to say people, but I’m going to say a lot of the people! There are so many people that don’t vote because of this reason, if they had ever voted, I think a lot of things would be different.
What can we do, we are just people. Where the politicians are supposed to represent our best interests. But we only pay them so much through the taxes, but that’s just not enough for them. They make hundreds of thousands even millions of dollars every year to serve the best interest of private companies and organizations. And honestly I don’t blame them. It’s in human nature, and politicians are no better than any other human. If you were presented millions of dollars to screw over the people not only in legislation, but also in life, you’d probably take it. An example, just a made up example.
Say one politician was give 800,000 dollars, in order to support the health care companies. They make sure that laws and legislation are just perfect for the health companies, instead of providing that health care to the people! So we pay him only a hundred thousand, and health care companies pay him hundred’s of thousands. I think they are going to be invested in helping the one giving them more money. Now the health care companies catch your eyes, your sign up and everything goes well until you get sick. They send out the dogs to find out if you lied, or had a pre-existing condition. Then when they find some small mistake on your forms, you are now screwed medically.
So you go to the hospital, maybe to amputate something, sew something back on, or even go for some really expensive treatment, you are screwed over cause your medical insurance company no longer covers you. So the insurance companies make the money off of the legislation, off of you, and you are screwed in the end. It’s just in human nature, to be greedy, everyone is greedy, and I want anyone who disagrees with me about that, to just come right to my face and tell me that they are not greedy. Everyone is greedy, hell I’m greedy! I want something, I want my words to make an impact, I want to become a politician in the future, and keep a good name, and try to restore it. I want to become president and revamp the entire governmental system. I want to give the people universal health care, no matter how hard I have to fight. I want to make sure that our seniors are taken care of, because one day I’m old and I want to make sure that the younger generation will take care of me! I want a lot of things, I am a greed selfish person, I want to much.
And the sad thing is I’m a greedy person who wants things that a lot of people want. I will never make it to office, because I’m not rich, I have no funds, I have no way of winning any election! I feel deep down inside that I can change the world, that the reason why I was put on this earth was to change the world. Remember folks throughout our entire existence, ever since man has ended up on this planet, there was always that ONE man or that ONE woman that made a difference in the WORLD.... just ONE.... imagine what HUNDREDS, THOUSANDS, MILLIONS can DO!

No comments: